teacher pogs: one-fourth sheets of paper :)

It's almost two weeks since I officially started this new shenanigan called teaching... I am more or less re-adjusting alright to it... I am actually having fun so far.

For the first meetings of each class, I went back to my original routine of getting their personal information (for emergencies and contacting purposes), their expectations with the subject and a random question for me. The following are some of the questions that caught my attention... some of which I wasn't even able to answer... I'll try to answer them here.



To be honest... I do not know. Kasi I'm still NBIL (bago kong version ng NBSB... Never Been In Love.. Oha!!!), so I guess when you have butterflies in your stomach? :)


Dear student, I hope you asked the erased question instead, it'll be so much easier to answer. First question. Easy to answer. WALA. Second question. Hard. Why? (sighs) Why? (sighs) Why? (sighs) hahahahaha!!!


Creative question.. in fairness.. I like Pizza and Pasta.. Hmmmm as far as pizza's ingredients are concerned, maraming variety? a bit salty? a bit sour? super spicy? for pasta, I think the ingredients are pretty tasty... So if I am to deduce the "katangian ng gusto ko sa lalake" from these he'd have to be spontaneous, hot and tasty too? hahahaha booohoooo!! adik! LAUGH TRIP! (I'm actually smiling alone in a coffee shop while I'm doing this. FUN!) Like its possible to get your tipo ng lalake in food ingredients.


Questions like these never fail to come up, this comes along with "mam may boyfriend na ba kayo?" etc. Answer to this question: I don't entertain the thought kasi... maybe now I will? If I know how to.. that is

 A very electrical engineering question indeed. Yes I have been electrocuted (not electrecuted), blew up a 110V radio for plugging it to a 220V convenience outlet,  not counting pa the other grounded experiences.


A very ISKOLAR NG BAYAN question.. I would increase the budget of UP and the other state universities in the country. I would support programs that would help the poor get out of poverty, programs that teaches them how to and not programs that doles out goods or something. Will say yes to the RH bill, and I would preserve the trees I guess..


FINALLY!  a sensible question. Hahahaha! Geeessh you didn't have to ask. Bats eyelashes and flips hair. BOLERO. :P





... Yes.. Bakit? I dunno e... I just do

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE RANDOM QUESTIONS PART IS ACTUALLY MY FAVORITE PART OF THE SEM.
I find it interesting to hear how my students think and how they want to know certain things about this random world. I find it interesting din to know how some cliche things (esp boyfriend) never fails to be blockbuster palagi
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other one fourth sheets of paper that followed are quizzes already.. BTW I do not hesitate to give an UNO if the student deserves it... I even gave out a more than perfect score.


As a teacher though, I need to be strict in making the correct answers correct and the wrong ones wrong. As a part of the quiz, I asked my students to write the full name of their instructor. Some of them got the answers right, and some of them tried to get the answers right by getting away with an answer. 





Oh sheesh.. X-ed it not because its false, but because its the wrong answer to my question. I know that already na kaya. Flattery wont earn you points in a quiz.. a correct answer does. :)

Might as well have fun here. I can choose to be happy wherever I am in. Right? And besides, I think teaching, if you are one and half bit conceited like I am, is a good way to build a fan base. (see photo below) See? Two meetings pa lang I have fans na, T.T





Comments

  1. Nanay, this is so funny. I think you and Ate Heather make good teacher stories. College sa'yo, preschool sa kanya and I hope in the near future I can write about my elementary or high school students. I love the questions. And this: "Flattery wont earn you points in a quiz.. a correct answer does." Very true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right right. :) I had to keep myself from checking it nga eh. hehehe. Buti hindi ako nadadala sa bola. I think wala masyado difference sa pagtuturo ng pre-school sa college. parehas lang namang maiikli na ang attention span.. :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4