sunshines and moonbeams



Its been a month of teacher-ing, letting go and moving on and as always, the Lord has been very good and faithful despite of my stubbornness, iniquities and whatevers, He never fails to show me how wrong I was and how right He is. And as always, He knows his way around me.

I am amazed at how He's able to adjust with His strategies in dealing with me. If His way before was tears, this time it is the subtle humor of everyday surprises that leaves me in awe of Him. (should be writing something more about it soon or in multiply maybe).

SO! I am in full teacher-ing mode for the past month. After trying to get a glimpse of how the fidgety minds of my students work, lulling up from school because the waters flooded the sun for awhile... I am now up for some serious teacher-ing business. These days, I busy myself with a lot of doodling and writing around.


There's been a lot of X-es, circles, negatives and red marks. I also try to look serious by making my work station look serious-y with a lot of pencils (mean looking stuff), a coffee mug and betty blue (netbook) sitting beside a table. I dunno, but having pencils and coffee mugs make me feel all grown up (shrugs shoulders) and it feels like the being serious part is sort of a necessity and sort of something I am not good at?



I try to look dead serious and dead mean with this business. But, just like keeping my work station clean.. I can never seem to be successful with it. It always feels like I am fooling around. But promise, cross my heart hope not to die yet, even though I was reluctant and is still trying to get out of the reluctant stage, I am serious with this.



Maybe among the things that bugs me out is that I am back to being your probinsyana de gaga. Trips to the Metro are less frequent and more intentional. Last Saturday, I scheduled my Industrial Power Systems class for an out of the classroom lab activity. We went to a university building to test the electrical circuitry of a sort off run down structure that is up for renovations. It was a fun mix of my student's strategies, teamwork, noise and eagerness to perform practical things about their course. There were a lot of shouting "meron, wala, waley, teka lang, bukas, sara etc" and running around to try to get the activity's simple objective of knowing which switch and overcurrent protective device opens what. The task was really simple, but the sorry state of the electrical system of the building made it harder for them to do it. Nevertheless they finished it within 3 hours.



Not minding the distance and the hassles of travelling from LB to Meketi, I hopped on a bus several hours after class and went down at Ayala to meet some friends.




Just like old times, we did the things that we loved to do most when we were still together in one company. We ate (this time a peculiar combination of pancit and pizza for dinner, and some pastries to go along with our coffee afterwards), we walked around the mall, we had coffee and we talked and talked until it was after midnight.


It was nice to catch up with each others lives. Having developed relationships such as these makes seemingly regrettable things become happy memories and lovely endings. The trip was a refreshingly polluted break from the oh so usual clean air of LBs still bucolic atmosphere. 


Now, it is game face on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4