June-July-August

It is Saturday and I am in the office, I just finished checking the manuscripts of my students and I am semi-wasting my time on the internet trying to figure out what the hell to do with my life (So much for social life and exposing myself to other people). I am guilty at not updating my blog recently, no valid excuse on that, despite the updates that I should have placed here.

Teaching, or life in general, has been good to me since this semester (1st Sem AY2013-2014) started. I am currently in my longest running job (hopefully a career if I get my Master's sometime soon) and I am sort of good here for the time being. The Lord has been teaching me to be satisfied, content, happy and at the same time hopeful of the future. 

I've been trying my hand at different things; like a couple of new subjects to teach (Linear Systems Analysis and Electrical Machines-laboratory), a new career prospect, and a couple of new physical activities that people who know me very well would think that I am lying if I said that I was trying it. 

Teaching the new courses are challenging and fun because I needed to review the basics. And the thrill of deriving formulas and equations ARE fun. Yeah, that sounds geeky, but its a fulfilling thing. The new career prospect was super way out of my league. I tried to be a dental assistant during a Medical Mission sometime late last July. I was honestly very squeamish at first, because the dentists were performing dental extractions on patients under coconut trees while goats and chickens were roaming around the area. But, things had to be done. 


  
I consider it an achievement that I can now ride my bike (at 25 years old) and I am improving at my psycho-motor skills because I am trying my hand at dancing. Yes. Dancing or whatever movement you'd like to call it. Hahaha. (no pictures of that one)

Been also travelling and participating in social events the past few months. Visited Pagsanjan falls last June, Went to a dear friend's beautiful wedding reception, a handsome baby boy's dedication and a half-class field trip last July, and will be travelling sometime somewhere this august. See pictures below (Top to bottom) Pagsanjan Falls, Sulyap Dinner, Rach and Cam's Wedding, Baby Boy's Dedication and the Half-the class field trip).



 
Life is treating me well despite the setbacks that it has been throwing at me and is a little bit bothering me. As the year is starting to draw to a close, I've figured that I'd rather not mind the things that are bothering me right now (not telling here) because I guess my problems are mundane as compared to the other things that people around me are experiencing. I'm just holding on to the promise that even if I do not exactly know where my life is headed right now, I just have to make sure that I obey to what the Lord is telling me to do. Because His plans for me are already written even way before I was born and that those plans are good, plans to prosper and not to harm and plans to give hope and a future. Settling on that for now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4