Eena's wedding portfolio

If ever I get fired from my teaching job or if ever this electrical engineering career does not work out, I would probably become an events planner/ coordinator. It is a recent reflection that I have been involved in quite a number of weddings these past few years... especially these past few months. So before I forget and before I loose count, let me recall and share the weddings that I have been involved with.

I am doing this (posting this blog entry and the weddings per se) just for fun. Photo credits to the facebook accounts of the couples or whoever took them.

Wedding Number 1: Wena and Alfred
Overall Vibe: A family-church-community

Ceremony: Los Banos Christian Reformed Church
Reception: Senior Social Garden
Involvement: Over-all on the day coordinator
Date: Sometime 2008, 2009 or 2010 yata

Wedding Number 2: Em and Joel
Overall Vibe: Beach-boho-castaway
This was a super fun experience... It had to be a bridal boat (in lieu of the usual bridal car)...

Ceremony & Reception: an exclusive and secret cove in Puerto Galera
Involvement: Laborer :P
Date: Sometime April 2010
Wedding Number 3: Kim and Allan
Overall Vibe: French inspired with an under the sea surprise
The best part of the wedding is that I get to do it with my favorite krung-krung friends. 

Ceremony: St. Therese Cathedral (the one in front of NAIA 3)
Reception: Hotel H20 (beside Manila Ocean Park)
Involvement: Over-all On the day coordinator with Michikoy and Tiahby
Date: December 2013

Wedding Number 4: Ginny and Jek
Overall Vibe: Pink and garden-y
The classic ballroom dancing and wine drinking after the event was awesome!!

Ceremony and Reception: Lina's Orchard
Involvement: Over-all on the day coordinator
Date: February 2014

Wedding Number 5: Tint and Gerson
Over-all Vibe: Tea party :)
With an air of sophistication, class and fun... and definitely the it-wedding for people with sweet tooth. It was a wedding that I felt :) 

Ceremony and Reception: Bulwagang Sarimanok (on-top of the Bundok Makiling)
Involvement: Over-all on the day coordinator
Date: March 2014

Wedding Number 6: Kit and Gid
Over-all Vibe: Rustic-backyard eco-friendly charms
Seeing the old college barkada come together to make this event happen was lovely.

Ceremony and Reception: Samaniego Farms
Involvement: Over-all on the day coordinator
Date: March 2014

Wedding Number 7: Jovy and Popo
Over-all Vibe: classy and blushing pink
It was cultured, elite, intelligent and the feels of moving mountains to be with family and loved ones..

Ceremony: Ayala Greenfields Gardens
Reception: Ayala Greenfields Clubhouse
Involvement: Intermediary for the planner and the over-all coordinator; Ceremony coordinator
Date: July 2014


The salient characteristic of all the weddings that I have helped with is that I have an awesome team to work with. Planning, organizing and implementing a wedding is a lot of hard work and it is definitely a team effort. It is a blessing that I always have a GREAT TEAM with me. 

We have actually been thinking of doing weddings as a legit business (as is the trend nowadays), but  I am not sure. Getting paid for things like this would loose all the fun in it... Maybe in the far far future... BUT! if ever I were to choose a tagline for our team (since I am convinced of our greatness [modesty aside]), it would have to be something like:

We make the most impossible do-it-yourself dream weddings happen.

Because we have done the seemingly impossible do-it-yourself weddings... Crazy experiences if you would ask me; but along with it comes humbling experiences of trust from the couple, patience testing, relationship trying, outside of the box resourcefulness and creativity, doing things for love etc...

Before all these shenanigans began, I used to have a dream wedding in mind with the effects of flowers, gowns, themes, parties etc. But now that I have a first hand experience of what it is like, I have edited my dream wedding (IF (that is a big if) there is to be one) to be something hassle free, straightforward, and fun. I actually have all the details in mind, I just have to plug-in the groom. Hahahaha

So, I would opt for a civil wedding with 5-10 people as witnesses, and then I would invite all my guests (this being those people not invited to the ceremony; can be 50-60 guests) to an eat-all you can buffet. Party follows at the buffet as well. It will be a strict RSVP event (as we Filipinos are not used to RSVPing... don't you know that not RSVPing is a pain in the ass of any events organizer). No dress requirements. No gift requirements. No flower requirements. It just an eat-all you can celebration.. Another alternative for the reception is a potluck party. :P All the guests are required to bring the food that they would like to eat at the party, can bring food for sharing. Hahaha. That idea is gonna be epic as to budget cost reductions! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4