On chivalry and @$$h0l3s

I was on a regular commute yesterday to school, was comfortably seated at the back of the driver's seat and I was just sound tripping to some random playlist on Spotify.

As the bus traveled from Los Baños to Calamba, a tall, dark, well-built, and modest looking guy with a shirt saying that he comes from a government institution sat beside me. Was a little bit pleased to have a bit of an eye candy on a seemingly regular trip to the metro. Nothing extraordinary happened, he slept, I continued to let my thoughts fly etc. 

Now, the bus really started to get jam-packed as it stopped in the last station before doing a non-stop run towards the expressway. This is where an old lady got in; and since everyone was standing already, the driver's assistant had her sit in front--on that part of the bus where they put the machine underneath. Not a comfortable position for a lady that is probably in her late 70's or early 80's. 

I was comfortably seated on my favorite window seat spot and listening to some chill-out beats. However, seeing the lady uncomfortably sitting there is just unbearable. I was waiting on someone to offer their seat for her. The bus is a five seater per row, there were two of us girls and the rest were all male. I was honestly hoping for my @$$h0l3 of an eye candy seatmate to offer his seat for her. 

But he did not. He continued to sleep or pretend to for all I care. No one offered their seat for her. It was just pathetic. Soooo, after 5 minutes of battling it out on my head whether or not to wait any longer for the male @$$h0l3s in our row to give up their seats, I offered her mine. 

The driver's assistant, upon seeing what I did, instructed my other seatmates to just scoot so that the old lady can sit easily by the aisle seat. So the @$$h0l3 that was my seatmate got my favorite window seat while pretending to sleep comfortably with his legs slightly opened pa. I was tempted to call him out because I think the old lady could sit more comfortably. But, since I was not on my β1tch mode I decided to just let this battle go, the old lady was seated properly anyway. 

And there I sat on the uncomfortable part of the bus. With my body twisted such that my head is facing the road and my feet towards the passengers. The old lady, did not say anything. I noticed she had trouble speaking because she was coughing a little bit when she finally got to sat down. Instead, she tapped me on my shoulder and gave me a smile. That was all I needed.

So the bus ride continued. And as expected I had a hard time standing up when it was time for me to get off at Magallanes. Before finally going down the bus however, the old lady tapped me on the shoulder and held my hand for a fleeting moment. To which I replied "walang anuman po". The @$$h0l3 of guy previously sitting beside me got off at that stop also, but I don't know where he went. He probably got hit by a truck in EDSA for all I care. 

Anyhow, then my journey continued. Rode the MRT, used my adaptive techniques to get properly seated, which I did. Having a previous pabaon of @$$h0l3ness, I was compelled to observe the MRT passengers. Which to my delight is so unlike my bus experience. 

Even though I rode on the last coach, which is mixed for male and female, males sitting do not hesitate to give their seats up for the ladies getting in. Regardless of age and appearance. I was genuinely pleased. I know this might not be the case everytime, but during my ride it was like that. 

Lesson learned? Of course as cliche as this sounds @$$h0l3s do exist. And they.are.everywhere. But, the good still always outweighs the bad. Chivalry is not yet dead and people (especially males) who are willing to do simple acts of offering their seats up still do exist. My bus incident was probably just and isolated cases of @$$h0l3ness. I would like to think that my seatmate was probably just having a really bad day, but its not an excuse especially if its an old lady we are talking about. 

So to that @$$h0l3 of a guy who was my seatmate. Even if you were eye candy, booohooo to you! Here's a virtual punch in the gut and a slap on the face. And same goes for all the @$$h0l3s out there who cannot give their comfortable seats up for the likes of the old lady I was with and for taking girls whoever they are for granted. You suck! Bigtime!

And of course, to those who still uphold the codes of chivalry. Kudos to all of you! May you be able to not grow weary of practicing these values and may you grow more in number.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4