back in business


Registration offically ends today (if I am not mistaken or if they did not move it yet) and the 'being official' of things starts today also. This semester, my workload consists of 3 lecture and 5 laboratory classes per week, i have lost count of the actual number of manuscript advisees i said yes to... and i also lost count to the number of advisees i said no to. There are also administrative and technical pro bono work on the side. My desk is an evidence of the workload that is starting to pile up to its normal messy state.

Receiving my first hard bound manuscript as an adviser today was a pleasant breather from the semi-exhausting 2:30-4:00 pm class. Though I was successful at keeping them all awake for the whole duration, it is really extra effort [on the teacher] to facilitate and incorporate "fun" activities with technical lectures. But I guess it was well worth it. They did stay awake, they were paying attention and they were enthusiastically responding to my cues. I do hope that they learned something though.

I am apprehensive at starting the busy month of December because many things await. The Batanes trip got canceled... but it was replaced with a Batangas trip with a different group of friends. I'd be still be cramming 4 sets of lecture classes and finish some work requirements. There will be parties to organize (Christmas and a wedding), and there will be tons of parties to attend to. After that, there will also be a holiday staycation with my 80 year old grandmother. I am excited at ending my year by spending crucial holidays in airports and terminals. Its gonna be an adventure.

Anxiety will be slowly creeping in as the month starts and draws to a future end because scholarship results will be announced around those times. But, this time I will choose to hope instead of letting myself plunge in an abyss of negative anxieties and disappointments. Hope... not in the possibility of getting the scholarship that I want... but a hope that is anchored on wherever or whatever the results maybe, my Lord will always be with me. A hope that is anchored on a promise that the Lord always has better and grander plans than I could think of.

Bring it on!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4