eena the explorer strikes in central visayas

Taking my morning coffee at Dunkin Donuts Tagbilaran. They have this nice and quaint 24 hour store that is overlooking Rizal St, one of the busiest streets in the city.



I am once more humbled and left embarrassed by the goodness of people that I firmly believe in and sometimes doubted. My little Cebu adventure went well yesterday, except for the last part where I need to go home so find some place to sleep.

The bus left Los Banos at around 11:00 am, it was early for my 3:20pm flight to Cebu because I was determined to find a new and cheaper mode of transportation from Magallanes to NAIA terminal 3. (Being into travel blogs lately, I was more than pumped to do my little adventures) From where the bus dropped me in Magallanes, I walked a little further and rode a jeepney to the MRT station in Pasay rotunda. Walked a little again, just so I could cross EDSA and go to the bus terminal in between McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts and Chowking. There have been rumors that a cheap shuttle ferries passengers from there to NAIA terminal 3; I figured to might as well try it so that I could save a little bit on Taxi fare. My current salary does not permit me the luxury of spending too much anyway so might as well make something good out of it. True enough, there was a shuttle from MRT station Pasay to NAIA terminal 3 for only 20Pesos. 

The bus arrived at the airport at around 1pm. I used my waiting time to wander around the airport, read a stressful book (bad decision), and watch people. When the plane arrived, I was among the first few passengers to board it. 

Being determined to be really mindful with spending money this time (first time to do this since time began in my travelling), I decided to look for jeepneys, instead of the usual cabs that i ride that will take me around Cebu. I was successful. Feeling a tad proud about myself, I was relaxed and very happy until the I came to the Pier that will take me to Bohol. The boat arrived at 6:30pm, it will arrive at Tagbilaran at around 8:30pm and knowing the place, there would be no more vehicles to take me to the rustic town of my grandmother. I had to stay in the city and spend the night there. 

So I texted an acquaintance, to ask them if I could spend the night over with them. To my greatest advantage, they were more than willing to take me in. Went to their place, was served a sumptuous meal of roasted chicken, was lent some pyjamas and was given an air conditioned  room to sleep in, and was served breakfast when I woke up this morning. We parted by saying our goodbyes and me telling them that I would be back. Hehehehe

I was a bit embarrassed but am greatly  thankful for these people who took me in and pampered me last night and this morning. They were really nice.

As I continue with my stolen time from the office, I hope to somehow renew and refresh (if not de-stress completely) myself by visiting my grandmother and taking in the rustic scenery of the place and have its therapy take its effect on me. And most especially, to have some more of the thinking time that I am missing so much from the hustle and bustle of my city life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4