MISSION IMPOSIBLE- fountain breeze edition


Mercury drug store has been benefiting from my VENTOLIN rota cup nebules for the last 20 days. My dear old frienemy—asthma has been keeping me up at night, sucking up my energy at work and it has been draining my wallet too. Because of my frienemy’s visit, I have to rely on my inhaler as my second source of life.

 I’ve concocted theories like stress, dust allergies at work, food allergies, fumes from travelling too much, change of weather etc. as to why my dear old friend decided to visit me; but I might have been evading the root cause of it all. I am not the number one fan of house chores especially laundry and cleaning my room… but the thought that the cleanness of it might have been the reason why I have been having these attacks lately has been running around my mind.

So, I’ve decided to gather up all the courage to face my room. Due to my busy schedule (waking up at: 5am-6am; prepare and travel for work: 6am -7am; work hours 7am- 4pm ++ or 6pm without OT pay… huhuhu; time to socialize: 6pm to 10pm ++; 10pm onwards sleep time), I rarely have time to clean my room and do my laundry (now laundry is a different story).

See… my not being able to clean my room is just because of my busy schedule and not the utter hate for house chores (perfect and valid excuse! *grins proudly)

I categorized and disposed the things in my area, dusted off everything I could get my hands on, wiped them clean with wet rug, organized my area and sprayed AMBI PUR for the final touch. I started doing my mission with such misery and dread; but as I went along with it, with the thought of success at the back of my mind, I felt excited and determined to finish.


My mission has been a success; the validity of my asthma theory I have yet to verify tomorrow. After the final steps of my mission, I took a long and nice shower, indulged in all the creams I could apply in my body, drank a glass of water, charged my phone (it’s almost dead, because it kept me company by giving me jazz music during my mission), kept the music playing, turned on my CLEAN AND DUST FREE ELECTRIC FAN, turned on my computer and wrote this entry (the idea of writing this experience six months OR LESS of not doing it *hides with shame* kept me excited as well). After posting this, I’d check the facebook accounts I’ve been wasting my time on lately (click here, here, here, and here), will still keep the music playing and have a good book bring me to sleep.
BEFORE (a bit exaggerated)

AFTER (with my dust free electric fan)

Asthma and my utter hate for house chores is something that I need to live with. After today’s mission, I’ve concluded that both diseases are not curable; but they sure can be managed and dealt with properly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4