DAY17: Ate Czarina and DAY 16: my grown up bed


Immediately dropped in bed when I arrived home yester-night (thus the late post), been too tired even to lift a finger.

DAY17: Ate Czarina


Ate Czarina is my roommate, she was my former BS leader, I come to her for advice—she gives me a lot of it and I am privileged to have known her.
-        
  •           Today, I woke up to the sound of her doing her laundry in the bathroom.
  •           I greeted her good morning.
  •           She replied good morning as well.
  •           Then she said… MAGBOYFRIEND KA NA. (in the freakin morning!)
  •           And that’s when I died.

She always tells me that I should be in a relationship already and that I am too old for not having one; and every time she does—I die.

By this time, I am well aware that I can do some things better than others can. I know that I can teach, write silly things and technical papers, understand and follow instructions easily, analyse well; I am good at analysing technical problems at work and creating sound solutions to solve them. Some good statements that are true about me and are impressive on a resume’s profile; but unfortunately is not useful in solving the boyfriend problem.

Ate is very explicit in reminding me to find one and do something to be in a relationship with someone. A problem that I could not analyse and something that I’m having trouble with in finding a concrete solution to. This country’s stereotypes aren’t even helping… with me getting out-er of shape and the baked complexion that I have is making it harder for me to find ways to solve the problem. I have to admit that I am a bit slow on that department because it is something that I do not understand and something that is hard to comprehend even in books or in movies.

I am thankful for Ate’s persistence in reminding me to pursue the boyfriend thing even if it is not much of a priority at the moment, for giving me a very beautiful place to crash in for a year for a very very affordable price, for being a friend and for being an ate that my heart could always go home to as well.

And for the boyfriend problem, I still do not have a solution to.

DAY16: my grown up bed

I am thankful because I have a bed to lay my head on to. I recognize the fact that I am among the lucky ones who is privileged to have a bed that is on a solid floor, enclosed in a room, with a roof above it and in a cohndhow complex with security guards.




Albeit the fact that this current bed is not as comfortable as the one I have at home in LB, it still is able do its main function: to catch my heavy body every night when I come home from work. Without it, I know that I won’t be able to function well also.

Comments

  1. i can imagine how ate czarina means it when she say that to you and to most of us. :) greetings to her. send my hugs to. dankeschön!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dankeschon! will send my greetings to her. (what does that even mean?)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4