pag-aasawa. BOW




May is a huge month for my family because we are celebrating two events during this time. One is my birthday (definitely a biggie) and the other one is my parent's anniversary. Today we celebrated their 25th.

 I was hoping or rather I was dreaming of giving them a huge party, but since my meager income is barely sufficient to cater to all my whims and fancies, I only went as far as a bouquet of flowers for my mom and an advanced coffee maker gift for my dad.


These two are among the greatest blessings that the Lord has given me throughout my entire lifetime. They taught me, without them telling me, the importance of a family... be it small (like ours) or big like everyone elses.

We had a small celebration with some of their cell group friends from church.


I got to hear a friend's story about how some people's only dream is to get married and when I asked her if getting married is even a valid dream. She immediately said yes, then I realized that it is true (it being a valid dream) and that I'm just too focused that dreams are supposed to be that of career, and achieving the goals that I have set for in life only. 

REALIZATION: Getting married is something to think about; though its not that big of a dream yet. I have to admit that I am slow on this department and that it needs a lot of intentional thinkings and considerations. As of now, my big dreams are about earning well to save up for my bigger dream which is to get a master's degree abroad and earn that much coveted master's diploma. Then will go back to the Philippines to teach and work as a consultant. 

Such thoughts clouded my mind that it almost (note: ALMOST) made my head hurt, so I resorted to being a "Martha" during the fellowship and washed up all the dishes and cleaned up everything in the kitchen instead... took photos AND committed a sinful crime called puppy abuse! 


PUPPY NUMBER 1: 



PUPPY NUMBER 2:



Better to play with puppies than think about things that I do not have answers to yet...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4