DAY18: Church

Photos grabbed from the victory Alabang website.


Boy I'm glad I went to church today.

I went house hunting with friends around the Mandaluyong area and the sun did not spare us from his wrath. We started with high hopes, but ended up defeated because we were not able to find a place to stay.

It was very hot, sweaty and tiring. I was actually planning to skip church and go straight home to rest; but, I rode the bus to Alabang upon impulse and decided to go to church anyway since I'll be able to catch their 6pm service.

A cool lemonade on a hot, sweaty and tiring day. That was church today. It was refreshing... it quenched my drenched soul...




I was refreshed with the following tidbits during service:
  • my God is a personal God, He loved a wretched one like me, and He is very much interested in me
  • not my will, but the Lord's will
  • the ways of God are 1000 times more pleasing than the ways of this world (so its ok if I do not understand some of the ways of this world)
  • knowing is so different from doing
  • AM I WILLING TO OBEY?!!
  • being justified is as if you have not sinned at 
  • grace is getting more than what we deserve
  • offer your bodies as living sacrifices
  • surrender and submission
  • Luke22:42 Lord not my will, but yours be done
  • work out salvation with fear and trembling

And this question I was left to ponder upon after the service was dismissed:

AM I RIGHT SMACK AT THE CENTER OF GOD'S WILL?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4