DAY26:Lymphatic, Endomorph




Lymphatic body types gain weight all over the body, and have a cuddly baby doll appearance. Weight gain occurs very easily because lymphatic types have a very low metabolic rate. They also have a dysfunctional lymphatic system resulting in generalised fluid retention, which makes them look fatter than they are. They are prone to deposits of fat swollen with lymphatic fluid, which can cause severe cellulite. This type of cellulite gives them thick puffy limbs so that it is hard to see their bone structure. They often avoid exercise and crave dairy products, both of which will exacerbate their cellulite.Often chubby since childhood, the lymphatic-shaped woman gains weight evenly all over- like Roseanne or Oprah. She craves dairy products and salty foods. Soft, cuddly, and often a couch potato, she just hates to exercise!
 (see here to know your body type)

This is my body type; since I cannot do (or afford) anything to change it, I'd rather be thankful for it and do whats best to make the most out of it na lang.

I find the sad reality where my society thinks that thin and skinny is beautiful and sexy, very close minded. The definition of beauty is subjective to culture, race, values, ideals, etc. There's even this place in Africa where they place women in fattening huts to make them look more beautiful which means fat in their culture.


 Go figure it is in Uganda. (click photo to see an article regarding the fattening huts in Uganda) I remember that I attended a camp way back in college and created a slogan during the missions night: sabi ko: " Ako si Eena, I am from Uganda because I am maganda"

I am choosing to look at this predicament in an objective and positive way, because I am living in a stereotype society where skinny is beautiful and fat is ugly. I am quite sure that I'll find myself depressed and sad forever if I let this stereotypical worldview affect me. But, I'd be honest to say that I really need to loose weight, because my current body weight has exceeded its comfortable limits. Its not healthy anymore, so I'm trying hard to do measures to reduce cellulite and adipose tissues. I'm starting by eating more fruits and vegetables. The exercise thing should be next.

Beauty can be different and conflicting; but, more than the looking at and cultivating physical appearance, I think it is most important to develop a beautiful heart and character. Such things have objective meanings, it is constant and, it can transcend cultures and borders.

I am thankful that I have a lymphatic, endomorph body.


Comments

  1. Great attractive and informative story, i got huge of important idea from your post. A big thanks for sharing with us !!
    https://blog.mindvalley.com/endomorphic/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4