DAY15: Olay and DAY14: Patience

unexpectedly left my things at the office... laptop, clothes, and other miscellaneous items


DAY15: Olay

Before I turn twenty four, I thank God for introducing me to Olay.


Raul B. or Olay as we fondly call him, is the utility person at our office. He is a bit bading (homosexual) or rather he is really bading, sometimes pamali-mali and he is funny. I am thankful for meeting him because its amazing to see someone as passionate as he is, even though he's just following orders all day long.

He's become a regular part of my day: he'd be the first one I'd greet good morning at the office, he'll ask us our orders somewhere in the middle of the day and we'd ask him "Olay ano na ang Olam?" and he'll answer us "Ma'am fried Checkin, Kari-kari and paksew olo". Its sometimes hard to decipher his language.. but we do get by. At noon, he'll serve us our lunch, and he'll tell us his misadventures sometime in the mid afternoon. I'd be half listening and half doing my work when he tells me his stories, they can be pretty interesting... errr its usually about his neighbors, landlady, how he adores his grand kids and the history of his love affair. HIS LOVE AFFAIR! mind you (even though he's bading) is mala telenovela and its a girl-OLAY-girl thing. Not a girl-OLAY-boy or boy-Olay thing. 

Regardless of all his imperfections, I thank God for introducing me to someone who's as passionate, content, and happy at doing his job.He gives us the much needed comic relief when the office gets really stressful. During my laugh tripping modes I can ask him to buy me Jack and Jill Piattos that is color pink, and he'll look for one in the small store outside the office, and get back and say sorry at me because he looked but didn't find one (there is no pink piattos). When all of us feels like shouting at each other because the bosses and the other external "bosses" are asking for a lot of things, he'd be the only one at the office who is not stressed. Him being not stressed and still being bakla reminds me that there is more to life than stress.

So cheers to Olay! its pronounced as O-lay. Not Ow-ley (like Olay soap).       


DAY14: Patience

I thank God for giving me patience to go through frustrating things: be it mundane or not (its mostly mundane though).



Today was an experience of patience:

  • Buried myself at work as soon as I arrived at the office; I'm kinda rushing things so that I'd be able to facilitate a smooth turn-over.
  • Considering the first bullet, I was hoping to finish ALOT of tasks for the day. However, I was called to attend to a meeting with a bit of an unclear agenda. 
  • Keeping my hopes up, I attended the meeting at the north project (from the south project), hoping that it would be something substantial. 
  • Unfortunately... it was not
I thank the Lord for giving me patience to be polite and present at the meeting, even though the thought that I am leaving and the feeling that I was just wasting my time was keeping me from doing so. I thank the Lord for patience

  • Car-pooled with an office-mate that was going to Sucat.
  • Tired yet from another unproductive event, I was thankful because i got to save fares and was able to escape from the bother of sharing a seat with another tired stranger. 
  • However, the rush hour traffic of EDSA killed me.

I thank the Lord for giving me patience to sit still and close my eyes instead of qualm about the slow moving traffic of EDSA. I love Him for giving me patience to still be nice and gracious to my officemate even if he did not drop me off at the place we talked about (the free ride was a biggie already). I thank the Lord for patience and for the blessing of a free ride.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4