DESTINED FOR GREATNESS


Today I woke up feeling that I was meant to be someone great and famous. It felt nice to wake up like that, but I know that getting there is another story—the fulfilment of such greatness needed a plan. So, I crafted some options inside my head to try and fulfil the greatness that I was feeling at present.

Option 1: WORK REALLY HARD TO REACH THE TOP WRUNG OF THE CAREER LADDER

I am an industrious and driven individual. However, considering the fact that I’m just your average Jane; the CEO part of the story would have to be somewhere in the end part when I’d be stricken with old age already. That would not be something great.



Option 2: DO BUSINESS AND BECOME RICH

They say that business men are the real deal when it comes to becoming rich. Thing is, am not really good with it; the nearest to success that I can remember with me doing business was when I was selling iced candies in our village. Failure might have the greater percentage when it comes to this option.



Option 3: GET INVOLVED WITH ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

Easy money. It’s just that I do not have the right network of people to pursue this path. And for Pete’s sake, I’d be to chicken to do something like this.



Option 4: MARRY SOMEONE RICH AND FAMOUS

This option is something that I would really want to have. I think it’s great to be rich and famous and popular in the future. However, let’s just say that I don’t really fit the stereotypes that the rich and famous people would want. It’ll be a lot of hard work, exercise and tons of social ladders to clamber before finally catching a fish that is going to be my ticket to the greatness and fame trip.



The goal for all my options is basically to avoid the path of becoming a lonely old woman knitting on her rocking chair with a cat purring beside her: to avoid the path of becoming a social imbecile and a useless slob. But, the options I could come up with are really horrendous. These are not really something to expect a greater future with, and the options I could think of are definitely not the ones that I would want to end up in (except for Option 4).

Good thing I did my QT just before bedtime...

I want to change the world and I dream of becoming someone great. That I am sure of. Albeit the fact that the world tells me to pursue paths such as the horrendous options above, Jesus tells me to do otherwise. In fact, He was able to change the world with a few who are willing to die for what they believed in.

So for now, this is the option that I am sticking with:

Option Y: Stick to it and be willing

I may not know how or when the greatness feeling I had today will be fulfilled or if it will be fulfilled at all. But, I do hope that I’d be willing to die for what I believe in when the right dying time comes and that I desire to do great things that will change the world in the future, and I’m willing to be one of His instruments in doing so. The world tells me to hoard power and be greedy to achieve the greatness and fame that was in my vibes today; but, Jesus tells me that I do not have to be someone great; I simply have to be unselfish, just like Him and his disciples. Ordinary men, doing ordinary things, yet was able to rock something great in this world.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Cambodia Day1

Siem Reap to Bangkok by Bus and by Train Day 3

Busy Bangkok Day 4